Atlantic Respiratory is Here to Serve You!
Everyone at Atlantic Respiratory Services shares in your concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a Home Respiratory Provider, we provide “essential services” which enable our customers to remain safe at home. During this pandemic we have mobilized our team to respond to the emergent need for our products and services. Our top priority continues to be ensuring our customers and employees stay safe and healthy throughout this pandemic. To accomplish this priority, we have made some short-term changes that impact the way we serve our customers.
What We Are Doing
We are regularly monitoring information provided by the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and state and local authorities to ensure we are tailoring our business practices to keep our customers’ and employees’ best interests at heart. While our goal is to minimize any disruption to regular business, we have enacted the following changes:
OFFICES AND STAFF
- At Atlantic Respiratory, implementing precautionary measures to ensure a clean and safe environment at all times, not just during a health crisis, is a standard way of doing business that is reflected in our accreditation from BOC. As a condition of our accreditation, we are required to have very rigorous and stringent infection control protocols and standards in place. With COVID-19, we have increased the frequency and intensity of regularly scheduled cleansing and disinfection efforts in our facilities and delivery vehicles.
- We are reinforcing universal precautions for personal interactions and equipment handling and utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary and recommended.
- All staff members are temperature checked at the beginning of each shift and have been instructed to notify management immediately of any symptoms or suspected exposure.
- All on-site staff members are required to practice social distancing and to wear a mask when not at their individual workspaces.
- As always, we are here to serve you by phone during our regular business hours: Mon - Fri, 9 am – 4:30 pm ET.
- We have temporarily closed our lobbies to walk-in traffic. However, we offer drive-up service in Charleston and window service in Walterboro for all supply and equipment pickups and all non-scheduled patient visits.
- For scheduled appointments, patients are given an option of either a virtual or in-person appointment. All patients being seen in-person will be required to answer a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and have their temperature checked with a no-touch thermometer before being admitted to the office.
- Our Respiratory Therapists and Field Technicians are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) for all home visits.
- We are temporarily suspending the signature requirement for proof of delivery to help minimize points of close contact and to protect our customers and employees from the spread of COVID-19.
We are aware that these changes may be an inconvenience, but we are taking these steps out of an abundance of caution to limit potential exposure to our customers and employees.
Steps You Can Take
To reduce your risk of contracting and/or spreading COVID-19, it is recommended that you take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who don't live in your household.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Monitor your health daily. Be alert for symptoms.
If you need any additional information or further updates about COVID-19, we encourage you to consult the CDC website for the latest information.
We will continue to keep you updated on any relevant information for how our services will be impacted as the situation develops. Thank you for doing your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.